Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things I Learned Today

Today I went on a field trip to the botanical gardens to take pictures of textures. I did get lots of textures, but I also took some fun photos for my own enjoyment and learned many things along the way. For instance:

1) Bonsai are cool. Bonsai in a Chinese courtyard are cooler.

2) I'm going to feel like a tourist when I'm taking photos in a tourist destination whether I'm a local or not.

3) My parents have at least three poisonous plants growing at their home: lily of the valley, rhubarb, and fool's parsley.

4) This is what hemlock looks like. Ladybugs like it.

5) Socrates probably died with stomach pain, convulsions, and increased pulse.

6) Nightshade is really poisonous. However, it's the unripe berries that are the worst for you.

6) This is what a lotus looks like. They're beautiful, and they can grow at enormous sizes.

7) It's possible to grow lotuses in Montreal outdoors.

8) I can indeed get a sunburn on a cloudy day.

9) There are lots of beetles in the world.

10) I weigh 3 250 000 ants.

11) Beer and vanilla lip-gloss tastes gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment