Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

This Week's Obsession: Christmas Cards

I know I'm pretty much a grownup, because for the last few years I've been getting Christmas cards in the mail from old friends. I love getting cards, but I have yet to send cards because once I start I'm committed and people might notice when I stop. I would like to start sending cards this year, as long as I'm careful not to overextend myself and draw up a list of 50 potential recipients in a fit of holiday enthusiasm.

The logical thing to do would be to go to any one of the 100 000 000 000 gift shops in Montreal and buy a little pack of 10-15 cards, but obviously I haven't done that or else this would not have been a week-long (and counting...) obsession. I can't pass up the opportunity to design my own cards, and with all the wonderful custom printing options around these days, it's easy to do so - but alarmingly expensive. $1.99-$2.99 for a card + envelope, before shipping.

Another problem is that these photo cards are clearly meant to have sweet family photos or baby pictures in them:


It just looks weird to have photos of yourself (and cat):


So maybe I'll send out Christmas cards this year, if I ever decide what to send.

1 comment:

  1. You could do yourself, Tory and Twig. Or just Twig because that picture of her made me laugh, I miss that little psycho....

    ReplyDelete