Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This PhD thing might actually happen

Signs the end is nigh:

  1. I finished the last of my coursework at the end of April, and my last comprehensive at the beginning of June. That means the next thing I submit is my thesis. 
  2. I've finished and submitted one journal article/future data chapter and the second is on its way. 
  3. I'm done collecting data for my experiments, "all" that's left is refining the model. 
  4. Looking at apartments for next year, I'm not growing too attached. The thought of living somewhere for only a year is very strange to me after 3 years on Johnson St. and 4 years here.
  5. I'm spending a lot of time thinking about a postdoc and what my next big thing will be like. At least this time I don't feel the same unmitigated joy as at the thought of leaving highschool and undergrad. I'm savouring the things I know I'll miss about being a grad student and living in Montreal. 
  6. My thought pattern tends to be a cycle of: Australia woud be amazing/but I would be driven insane by the spiders/but I would forget what it feels like to be cold/but the SPIDERS etc.

1 comment:

  1. But you have friends in Australia who miss you terribly! (And there aren't THAT many spiders...)

    ReplyDelete