Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One of my favourite things

I love photos. There are almost 5500 photos in my iPhoto library from the last five years, and more than 1000 scanned from my parents' photo albums of my childhood. Five years ago, after I got my first digital camera, I bought a pack of two photo albums and started making prints. I finished the first album right before New Years 2008. I finished the second album today with my photos from 2009 and early 2010.

There are definitely some photos that I love more than others. Here are my favourite ten photos from the last five years:

October 1, 2005
This photo is the first, and my favourite, of many group shots of me and my beloved Johnson Street roomies. Happy 20th birthday, Tory!

October 21, 2006
Anna, there will never be a better portrait of you. I'll take this down if you ever run for office.

January 9, 2007
This is wonderful for a lot of reasons. Eve's rocking out face and Chantal's reaction were totally spontaneous. The memories of Guitar Hero and primping together before going out (I braided Eve's hair for Country Night @ Ale House) add to the nostalgia value.

December 5, 2007
I love this picture because it's beautiful. Because I took it, and at the time I was still getting used to taking technically good photos. Because it reminds me of sitting on a 12m yacht in the bay on St. Marteen in the sun having the time of my life on my first big vacation.

December 7, 2007
I don't know if I'd love this picture as much as I do if it weren't one of the few pictures of Dave and me together while we were on vacation. I like how spontaneous it was - I hadn't remembered to put down the clothes I was folding, and we didn't clean our junk off the desk. I even kind of like that it's blurry and taken in the mirror. I'm horribly awkward with public displays of affection, and the fact that this was alone in our stateroom and not posing for a photographer means that I actually look relaxed with Dave's arm around my waist.

December 31, 2007

This is what hanging out with Tory and Anna is like. We aren't holding on to each other and laughing uproariously because we're hammered. We're holding on to each other because we're best friends, and laughing because we're hilarious.

July 11, 2008
I like the composition of this (good job, Dave!). I like that there's evidence that I got my hands dirty. I love how this reminds me of digging up clams in the sun in PEI with Grandpa, Uncle Sam, Dave, Abi, Eliza, and Isi.

July 12, 2008
This photo made my quest to make Dave drive around so we could take pictures of (many of) the lighthouses of Prince Edward Island in an afternoon worthwhile.

October 11, 2008
This is a rare candid photo of my mom. This is one of the only photos where she looks like she does in real life. I like how casually happy she and my dad are, laughing at a good conversation over thanksgiving dinner (outdoors! In Canada!).

December 11, 2009
I had to include this one because it's the wallpaper on my cell phone and it makes me happy every time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment